Blodron Englar requests your attendance in the Kingdom East Anglia for our Winter Reckoning Event.
A weekend of training, competitive fighting and camping. Our bi-annual inter-group event celebrates the Eastern and Huscarl communities of the British Isles.
However this year will be a little different and even bigger than before. The Winter Reckoning will be held at Stonham Barns as part of a larger Viking & Saxon Festival.
There will be over 15 different re-enactment and combat groups, as well as traders from around the country. We will descend to create a huge living history camp made up solely of the Saxon and Viking dark age period.
The event will also be open to the public on the Saturday the 29th as both Eastern and Western Groups put on combat displays in the main arena.
For Blodorn, we will have half of the site dedicated to Eastern and Huscarl groups and combat. Creating a horseshoe shaped military camp around a bridge and duelling arena… allowing combat to be held throughout the weekend.
– The site benefits from extensive parking, toilets, showers and access to refreshments.
– Camping for historical tents are in the main showground and plastic tents on a quiet meadow 5 minutes walk from the arena.
– Fires are permitted in fireboxes with firewood for cooking also being provided for the duration of the Reckoning.
Friday 28th -14:00pm onwards:
– Arrive, set up and socialise.
– 10:00am: Muster, weapons check and safety brief.
– 11:00am – 13:00pm: Eastern fighting and large battle in main arena.
– 14:00pm – 16:00pm: Eastern bridge fight tournament and championship duels.
Saturday evening: Feasting, Drinking and usual shenanigans.
– 10:00am – 13:00pm: Huscarl training.
– 14:00pm – Pack down and farewells
Everyone welcome but participants of combat must have correct equipment and insurance. Authentic clothing to be worn throughout the whole weekend.
To register your warriors or if you have any questions please email – FeedTheEagles@outlook.com
For the public – both advanced tickets and on the gate will be available for Saturday 29th via Stonham Barns.
Blodorn hope to see you all there!
FEED THE EAGLES!